Learn more about Men's Health
Heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, and depression are among the illnesses that plague men. However, they also face particular problems, including benign prostate enlargement and prostate cancer.
With a healthy lifestyle, including regular exercise, a nutritious diet, quitting smoking, managing stress, and consuming alcohol in moderation (no more than two drinks per day, if at all), many of the primary health problems that men confront can be avoided. Regular checkups and screening exams can identify diseases early on when treatment is most effective.
Men, on Average, Pay Less Attention to Their Health Than Women. It's More Likely for Men Too:
- Skip regular checkups with the doctor
- Drink alcohol and consume tobacco
- Make more risky decisions
Any age is a good time to take control of your health, and there is always time to start making better choices. Men need to make healthy eating decisions, visit the doctor regularly, manage their stress, and exercise regularly, just like women.
The following Men's Health Tips from Wellness Herb's checklist offers a starting point for anyone eager to focus on a healthier version of themselves, regardless of age or general health:
- Do regular exercise
- Eat healthy food
- Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep daily
- Share your family history with the doctor if you have any.
- Get regular checkups from the doctor
- Stop smoking or drinking habits
- Ask your doctor about undergoing exams and screenings routinely
- If you feel something isn’t right, schedule an appointment with the doctor immediately.
- Find some creative ways to give yourself some time to take a break.